Sep 22, 2009

Save the date!

Two good friends of mine are getting married in May and they have asked me to create a "Keep the Date" Postcard for them. They want to do a short comic strip of the proposal and send that out to everyone. I've been trying to come up with ideas as what to do and I think I finally have a starting point. For the layout and what each panel will have I am going to do something like this:For the style/design of the characters I wanted something more cutesy so I am going in this direction:I think I already created a perfect image of Josh and just need to clean him up a bit and need to adjust a few things on Kim and then they will be perfect, lol.

I've never done a comic before so I have no real way of knowing how to approach this especially with the posing since the first two panels have to be front view. But I know if I take my time and a few shots (and get some help from some friends hehehe) I will get there. :)

2 comments:

  1. That looks GREAT! I can't wait to see the final product. Is Kim's head too big or is it just that she is next to Towny? BTW That is sooo Towny. Kims shirt looks exactly like a shirt she would wear and her hair is perfect! I am so happy for them and happy you agreed to help them with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I re-designed kim already with a smaller head and pointier chin and her bangs are more noticeable. Yes, that is SOOO Towny lol

    ReplyDelete